Stupid Is As Stupid Does: How In the Heck Did Robert Barchi Get This Job?

-->

Boy this story just keeps getting better.

Watching Rutgers try to assimilate into the Big 10 reminds me of Greg Focker trying to fit in with Jack Byrnes and his perfect family.

Every time things start to calm down they manage to clumsily smash a volleyball into someones balls. 

Dana O'Neil of ESPN just posted a story with a great quote that I wish I'd thought of... 

"It can happen if it happens at Rutgers, where the administration has the cognitive awareness of a piece of Tupperware, where the vetting process is done by Inspector Clouseau, and where the leadership motto is best summarized by the only other entity to trash the reputation of New Jersey better than the state university: 

'I'm not a phenomenon. I'm a train wreck,' (said) Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi, of 'Jersey Shore' infamy, who could be speaking on behalf of Rutgers president Robert Barchi."

That's gold Jerry, gold.

Robert Barchi has all the grace of Johnny English, with the social skills of Lloyd Christmas. 

Ok ok, valid as they may be, enough comparisons.

Few things make me really upset in this world. 

Of the things that do upset me, most are variations on the theme of people not taking responsibility for their actions, and blaming others for their own problems.

Another thing that really upsets me are idiots. This world is full of idiots. And sadly, a lot of the time these idiots are in positions of massive power, prestige and money. 

That upsets me.

The latest example is Rutgers president Robert Barchi.

I mean seriously; along with being an idiot, this guy has the charm of a tarantula. 

By no means do I consider myself a college sports expert. I do however, consider myself rather adept at reading people. Kindness and intelligence are very obvious qualities when you know what to look for, and this guy has neither.

I could tell that just from his press conference after the Mike Rice incident, where he passed the buck more times than Robin Hood.

No one was safe. In fact, by the end the only person he hadn't blamed was himself! I absolutely detest that kind of attitude. 

That was a sad enough display, after which it was obvious to me that this guy was in over his head. But even I thought that they couldn't screw up the next task, which was to hire a new Athletic Director.

You would think a quick Google Search would be in order at least, right?

If they had done one, they would have found two lawsuits filed against Julie Hermann, and one would think that would be the end of the story. No way they can hire her. 

Sigh, alas, 'twas not to be.

They did hire her, and it has now come to light that she once quit her job as a college coach after her entire team confronted her with accusations of excessive verbal and emotional abuse. 

Hmm, sound familiar?

Hermann of course claims to not remember the incident, or the letter written and signed. By the entire team.

Chris Christie shockingly (or not) came out in support of Robert Barchi after the Mike Rice incident, but I hope that even he can't stand behind these latest horrifically inept and insidious events.

The whole place needs a vacuum job. Without knowing the ins and outs of college politics, and whom can fire whom, just please someone dump the whole lot of them. Hermann, Barchi, and whomever else is connected to this den of iniquity. 

Mean people and idiots piss me off, and that University has far too many of both. 

-->










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Views

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author